Contemporary cars have more and more functionnalities and even though they bring us a lot of comfort, a lot of them are not always convenient to use. No matter you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Lincoln MKS, dependent on its functionnalities, it can be hard to understand how to start a Lincoln MKS? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem very clear to many of you, dependent on the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. On this webpage we will demonstrate the distinct methods to start a Lincoln MKS with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Lincoln MKS with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Lincoln MKS with key?
So we begin our content which is designed to show you how to start a Lincoln MKS, which is equipped with a classic key start. Find down below the different steps to be accomplished to turn on the engine of your Lincoln MKS:
- Distinguish the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is generally on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dash. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not think twice to browse our content on the steering wheel blocked on Lincoln MKS that is blocked to discover how to unblock it.
- Insert the key into this one.
- Check that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Check on your dashboard that the orange lights disappear, if you don’t know what they mean don’t think twice to browse our content on orange lights on Lincoln MKS to learn the reason for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Lincoln MKS starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk damaging it, if the car does not start, let it cool down a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Lincoln MKS,
How to start a Lincoln MKS with the key card?
After finding out about how to turn on the engine of a Lincoln MKS with key or will show you you how to do it for a Lincoln MKS equipped with a key card and not a key. The method remains roughly similar, so don’t think twice to get back to the previous section to have details on each of the steps to do. Discover listed below the guidelines to stick to to start your Lincoln MKS with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to put in the card in a dedicated slot, check on your dashboard if your Lincoln MKS is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Locate the “start” button, which is generally located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is generally placed on the centre console.
- Check that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Lincoln MKS
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Lincoln MKS
How do I start a Lincoln MKS without a key?
And to finish, we will find out, how to start a Lincoln MKS without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this could seem obvious. Even so, you should know that if your Lincoln MKS is more recent than the mid 90’s it will be complicated to start it without a key because of all the security gadgets present on it. Naturally, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the procedure to stick to:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them together and separate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the process). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make prolonged contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Lincoln MKS).
There, you’ve learned all the methods to start a Lincoln MKS.
To get more tips on the Lincoln MKS, take a look at the Lincoln MKS category.