We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. Today, we are going to discover a concern that may seem insignificant but that rather quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not repaired. Indeed, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Mitsubishi Lancer card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electricity your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Mitsubishi Lancer?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Mitsubishi Lancer.
How does the key card of your Mitsubishi Lancer work?
Before we teach you how to replace the batteries in your Mitsubishi Lancer hands-free card, we will promptly explain how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had issues finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car brands have been looking into this issue. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will promptly become a thing of the past! We are going to demonstrate you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It permits you to open the Mitsubishi Lancer simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Mitsubishi Lancer if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Mitsubishi Lancer?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to replace the key card battery of an Mitsubishi Lancer? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to work. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Mitsubishi Lancer:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key concurrently.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim thing to take off the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to purchase for the card of my Mitsubishi Lancer?
At last, to conclude our short post we will support you to select the card battery type of your Mitsubishi Lancer. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to select the suitable one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Mitsubishi Lancer, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you wish more guides on the Mitsubishi Lancer, go to our Mitsubishi Lancer category.