We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . Today, we are going to check out a problem that may seem minor but that rather quickly turns out to be annoying if it is not solved. In fact, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Chevrolet Colorado card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Chevrolet Colorado?, and, at last, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Chevrolet Colorado.
How does the key card of your Chevrolet Colorado work?
Before we demonstrate how to replace the batteries in your Chevrolet Colorado hands-free card, we will quickly explain how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had difficulty finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car producers have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to present you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It permits you to open the Chevrolet Colorado simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two types of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Chevrolet Colorado if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Chevrolet Colorado?
We will in this part go forward to the part that interests you the most in this document, how to replace the key card battery of an Chevrolet Colorado? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to work. When the batteries of your card are dead you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Chevrolet Colorado:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to remove the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to use for the card of my Chevrolet Colorado?
Finally, to end our article we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Chevrolet Colorado. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to choose the suitable one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Chevrolet Colorado, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you wish more guides on the Chevrolet Colorado, go to our Chevrolet Colorado category.