We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this guide, we are going to see a problem that may seem minor but that fairly quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not solved. In truth, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Kia Soul card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Kia Soul?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Kia Soul.
How does the key card of your Kia Soul operate?
Before we explain how to replace the batteries in your Kia Soul hands-free card, we will promptly explain how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had problem finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car suppliers have been looking into this trouble. With the advent of new wireless solutions, key problems will promptly become a thing of the history! We are going to show you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It allows you to open the Kia Soul simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two types of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Kia Soul if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Kia Soul?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to replace the key card battery of an Kia Soul? Effectively this wireless technology requires energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it physically. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is put the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Kia Soul:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim thing to take off the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to purchase for the card of my Kia Soul?
Finally, to finish our article we will support you to choose the card battery type of your Kia Soul. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to choose the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Kia Soul, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you wish more guides on the Kia Soul, go to our Kia Soul category.