Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out over time and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Kia Soul, we’ve written and published this article to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Kia Soul and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Soul is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to check all the security features of your Kia Soul. In reality, you are nearly always in a hurry and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore crucial to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Kia Soul, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple techniques to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Kia Soul, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first process shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to do this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Soul
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Soul? Take note that this procedure is quite easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Kia Soul. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to follow to be able to conduct this act accurately dependant on the approach you wish to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Kia Soul through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Kia Soul by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Kia Soul on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Kia Soul following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Soul through the wheel arch:
This technique is in particular valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Soul through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them right now:
If you have any further questions about the Kia Soul, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Soul category.