We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In this guide, we are going to check out a concern that may seem minor but that quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not fixed. Indeed, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Chrysler Town & Country card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electric power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Chrysler Town & Country?, and, at last, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Chrysler Town & Country.
How does the key card of your Chrysler Town & Country operate?
Before we explain how to replace the batteries in your Chrysler Town & Country hands-free card, we will fairly quickly explain how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had problem finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car brands have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless solutions, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to show you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It enables you to open the Chrysler Town & Country simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized lock with the support of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Chrysler Town & Country if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Chrysler Town & Country?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to replace the key card battery of an Chrysler Town & Country? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it by hand. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is put the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Chrysler Town & Country:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key simultaneously.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to take out the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to use for the card of my Chrysler Town & Country?
Finally, to end our content page we will support you to choose the card battery type of your Chrysler Town & Country. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to choose the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Chrysler Town & Country, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To get more tips on the Chrysler Town & Country, take a look at the Chrysler Town & Country category.