If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re most likely eager to take care of almost all of the work to be carried out on your Peugeot 308, but some are more difficult than others and need the removal of body parts or elements to access the part you want to focus on. We want to help you in this process. That’s why in this article we are going to see how to remove the bumper from a Peugeot 308. This process is not very difficult and you should be able to do it with few tools. For that, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Peugeot 308, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Peugeot 308
So let’s begin our content with the front bumper of your Peugeot 308. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to stick to in order to disassemble the bumper of your Peugeot 308 in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfortable, we recommend you to lift your Peugeot 308 and to remove the front wheels to have a good access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your automobile: Seems obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take out the wheel arches: They’re also described as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Peugeot 308. Dependant on your car features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to get this done, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it carefully with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is behind your mudguard and that seals the front bumper of your Peugeot 308 on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go beneath your Peugeot 308 to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the car, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Remember to disconnect the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you perhaps forgot a screw or a clip. Think of employing a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Peugeot 308, to reassemble it stick to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Peugeot 308
And to conclude, regardless if the procedure is quite equivalent, we will take a look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Peugeot 308. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will just give you the broad outlines, read the part 1 if you have any doubts or questions for more information.
- Start by executing the same first step, that is, lift your Peugeot 308 and take off your rear wheels in order to have an ideal working area to remove the bumper of your Peugeot 308 without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Peugeot 308 to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take out the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less difficult to remove the bumper from your Peugeot 308.
- Take out the lower bindings underneath your Peugeot 308.
- While doing so, make sure un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Peugeot 308, stick to the same method as for the front bumper
Here, you have learned through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Peugeot 308 whether it is the front one or the rear one the methods are practically the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Peugeot 308, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot 308 category.