If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re most certainly eager to take care of almost all of the work to be achieved on your Chevrolet Express, but some are more challenging than others and need the removal of body parts or elements to access the part you want to operate on. We would really like to help you in this operation. That’s why today we are going to view how to remove the bumper from a Chevrolet Express. This operation is not very challenging and you should have the ability to do it with few tools. To accomplish this, first we will discover how to remove the front bumper of your Chevrolet Express, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Chevrolet Express
So let’s start our content page with the front bumper of your Chevrolet Express. To remove it, you will just require a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the guidelines you will have to follow in order to disassemble the bumper of your Chevrolet Express in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we suggest you to lift your Chevrolet Express and to remove the front wheels to have a perfect access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your automobile: Seems obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Remove the wheel arches: They’re also named fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Chevrolet Express. Depending on your vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to get this done, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it carefully with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is in back of your mudguard and that seals the front bumper of your Chevrolet Express on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go beneath your Chevrolet Express to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure to disconnect the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you quite likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of employing a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Chevrolet Express, to reassemble it follow the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Chevrolet Express
And now, even if the process is quite equivalent, we will look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Chevrolet Express. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will only give you the broad outlines, refer to part 1 if you have any doubts or questions for more info.
- Start with executing the same first step, that is, lift your Chevrolet Express and remove your rear wheels in order to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Chevrolet Express without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Chevrolet Express to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Remove the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less complicated to remove the bumper from your Chevrolet Express.
- Take off the lower bindings underneath your Chevrolet Express.
- At the same time, make sure to disconnect the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Chevrolet Express, follow the same method as for the front bumper
Here, you have learned through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Chevrolet Express whether it is the front one or the rear one the ways are essentially the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Express, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Express category.