If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re almost certainly keen to handle almost all of the service to be achieved on your Chevrolet Camaro, but some are more complicated than others and require the removal of body parts or components to access the part you want to focus on. We would like to help you in this process. That’s why in this article we are going to discover how to remove the bumper from a Chevrolet Camaro. This process is not very complicated and you should be able to do it with few equipment. For that, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Chevrolet Camaro, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Chevrolet Camaro
So let’s begin our article content with the front bumper of your Chevrolet Camaro. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to stick to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Chevrolet Camaro in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we recommend you to lift your Chevrolet Camaro and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your motor vehicle: Seems obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Remove the wheel arches: They’re also referred to as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Chevrolet Camaro. According to your vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to accomplish this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it delicately with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is behind your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Chevrolet Camaro on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go below your Chevrolet Camaro to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Be sure you unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you almost certainly forgot a screw or a clip. Think of working with a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Chevrolet Camaro, to reassemble it stick to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Chevrolet Camaro
And to finish, regardless if the process is quite identical, we will check out the case of removing the rear bumper from your Chevrolet Camaro. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will simply give you the broad outlines, read the part 1 if you have any concerns or questions for more details.
- Start by undertaking the same first step, that is, lift your Chevrolet Camaro and take off your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working area to remove the bumper of your Chevrolet Camaro without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Chevrolet Camaro to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Remove the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it more convenient to remove the bumper from your Chevrolet Camaro.
- Remove the lower bindings underneath your Chevrolet Camaro.
- While doing so, be sure you disconnect the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Chevrolet Camaro, stick to the same procedure as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Chevrolet Camaro whether it is the front one or the rear one the approaches are just about the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
To find more tips on the Chevrolet Camaro, take a look at the Chevrolet Camaro category.