On this article we’re going to deal with an issue that could appear to be superficial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of drivers! In actual fact, we are going to deal with the of a key locked on you Mercedes Benz GLE Class, and where to start if we find ourselves in this condition? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you discover the cause of this issue and give you the remedy. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in greater detail, being faced with a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it rebuilt, read this guide. In this article content, we will first try to describe why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Mercedes Benz GLE Class, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Mercedes Benz GLE Class.
Why is my key locked in my Mercedes Benz GLE Class?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class? In this part we will try to demonstrate why your key can get stuck. There are multiple reasons that can bring about the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt accumulated on it, which may trigger the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder cleanly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is cracked, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time matching the impression in the barrel of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Mercedes Benz GLE Class.
- Finally, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this prevents the key of your car from turning effectively in the barrel.
All these explanations can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class, so be sure you check all these factors to know what issue you are struggling with.
How to unlock the key of my Mercedes Benz GLE Class
To conclude, let’s go forward to the practical part that will enable you to unlock the key of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class. Now that you’ve been able to evaluate the motive why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to solve this issue. We will take up the different problems and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Mercedes Benz GLE Class: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much force) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, ensure to examine it cautiously and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Mercedes Benz GLE Class doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In this case, it’s your anti-theft device that is turned on, you will have to all in one go turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, browse this full tutorial on the steering wheel locked on Mercedes Benz GLE Class to have the complete process.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most bothersome circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is harmed you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your vendor to receive a copy of your key. In any other case, last remedy, change the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Mercedes Benz GLE Class: In cases like this, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Benz GLE Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz GLE Class category.