Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, most commonly, we are happy having fog lights on your car. But, they can once in a while be out of adjustment or you may find that they are too high or too low. That’s for what reason we wrote this content page to demonstrate to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Mercedes Benz GLE Class?. To accomplish this, first, we will discover what is the point of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in an extra part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class.
Why is it important to adjust the front fog lights of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class?
So we will start our content page with the importance of adjusting the fog lights to Mercedes Benz GLE Class. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not mandatory on an Mercedes Benz GLE Class, allows you to greatly increase your visibility. However, it is only authorized outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Mercedes Benz GLE Class allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they provide. Furthermore, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will surely disturb the car owners you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore crucial, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights correctly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class?
Now let’s go forward to the portion you’re most likely most interested in in this content page, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Mercedes Benz GLE Class? Now that you have understood the interest of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is specifically easy, here are a few simple steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, check the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class.
- Place your vehicle on a flat floor with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Mercedes Benz GLE Class), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Mercedes Benz GLE Class and check that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this mark, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them quickly, they will be more or less reachable according to the year and the options of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Mercedes Benz GLE Class, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t think twice to consult our content page on how to adjust the low beam lights on Mercedes Benz GLE Class if you want to check their lighting level.
If you need more guides on the Mercedes Benz GLE Class, go to our Mercedes Benz GLE Class category.