On this page we’re going to deal with an issue that may appear to be trivial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of motorists! In reality, we are gonna deal with the of a key locked on you Mazda CX 7, and where to start if you are in this situation? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you locate the source of this problem and give you the remedy. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in depth, being confronted with a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it rebuilt, browse this guide. In this content page, we will first try to show you why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Mazda CX 7, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Mazda CX 7.
Why is my key locked in my Mazda CX 7?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Mazda CX 7? In this section we will try to show you why your key can get stuck. There are some answers that can trigger the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt built up on it, which may bring about the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder easily, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is broken, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your Mazda CX 7.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Mazda CX 7.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this stops the key of your car from turning effectively in the barrel.
All these answers can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Mazda CX 7, so remember to examine all these points to know what problem you are struggling with.
How to unlock the key of my Mazda CX 7
Finally, let’s proceed to the practical part that will enable you to unlock the key of your Mazda CX 7. Now that you’ve managed to determine the reason why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to solve this problem. We will take up the different concerns and give you the corresponding solutions:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Mazda CX 7: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much force) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, be certain to examine it cautiously and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Mazda CX 7 doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In such a case, it’s your anti-theft device that is turned on, you will have to all at once turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, examine this complete tutorial on the steering wheel locked on Mazda CX 7 to have the complete treatment.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most annoying case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is broken you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Mazda CX 7. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your dealer to obtain a copy of your key. Otherwise, last option, convert the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Mazda CX 7: In cases like this, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
To find more tips on the Mazda CX 7, take a look at the Mazda CX 7 category.