On this page we will try to help you fix a issue that can be frustrating, and if not taken on time become a financial drain. In actual fact, spotting a leak on your car is rarely reassuring, and it is even less reassuring when it’s a gearbox leak on your Volkswagen CC . In this article, we’re going to help you verify that it’s in actual fact a gearbox leak, then, how to fix a gearbox or transmission leak, then, give you some prevention tips, and, finally, give you an idea of the price of the gearbox of a Volkswagen CC.
Gearbox leak on Volkswagen CC, source and symptom
If you have detected an oil stain on the ground, you will need to ensure that this leak is in actual fact based on the gearbox of your Volkswagen CC. To accomplish this, you will need to go under your vehicle and follow the oil leak. If it is transmission oil, it must be based on your gearbox sump or an adjacent room. Once verified, here are the possible sources of this transmission leak:
- A gearbox cap: If it’s incorrectly screwed on…
- Defective torque converter: Only present on automatic gearboxes.
- From the transmission oil sump: In the event that it is cracked or damaged
- One of your seals damaged
How to fix a gearbox leak on Volkswagen CC?
After discovering the different sources of a gearbox or transmission oil leak on your Volkswagen CC, we will try to show you to you what are your options to fix this oil leak. Be aware that no matter the reason, after having identified a leak, you must go to a mechanic to identify the exact source of the leak, otherwise your gearbox may be irreparably damaged. Nevertheless, here is how the service of the mechanic and the solutions that will be offered to you:
- Very often to identify the leak, the mechanic will have to take apart your gearbox, which will necessitate a high labour cost.
- If you’re lucky and it’s just a gasket, your mechanic will replace it and reassemble the gearbox of your Volkswagen CC, otherwise you’ll have to change the whole gearbox
- At last, for the do-it-yourselfers, it is possible to use a sealing kit which is only effective in the case of small leaks, this kit is worth around 40 euros
Prevention: How to avoid gearbox leaks on your Volkswagen CC?
There aren’t many alternatives to avoid gearbox leaks on your Volkswagen CC , however here are the three most effective:
- Regular oil changes on your gearbox deck.
- Drain your gearbox and put new oil in it. If you want to know everything about this task, please browse our content on this subject matter.
- Use a specific additive for routine service of gearbox seals, these additives will restore flexibility and enable to plug slight leaks, you will locate some for a few dozen euros at Oscaro.
Price of a Volkswagen CC gearbox
At last, we would like to give you an idea of how much it costs to change the gearbox of a Volkswagen CC. As you have realized, gearbox problems generally lead to a whole change of this part. It is difficult to give you a precise price because based on the mechanic the labour can vary a lot and based on your engine the part will as well have a different price, however, we estimate that the repair, labour included will cost you between 800 and 2000 euros , knowing that the part alone costs between 400 and 1000 euros.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen CC, take a look at the Volkswagen CC category.