Today we’re going to deal with an issue that may look superficial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of car owners! In reality, we are gonna talk about the of a key locked on you Lexus RX, and what to do if you are in this position? Whether it doesn’t want to suit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it any longer, we will try to help you locate the source of this issue and give you the solution. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in greater detail, being in face of a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, read this guideline. In this article content, we will first of all try to explain why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Lexus RX, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Lexus RX.
Why is my key locked in my Lexus RX?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Lexus RX? In this section we will try to teach you why your key can get stuck. There are multiple explanations that can provoke the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt built up on it, which may trigger the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket system. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder cleanly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is cracked, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your Lexus RX.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Lexus RX.
- Finally, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this prevents the key of your car from turning properly in the barrel.
All these causes can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Lexus RX, so remember to examine all these aspects to know what issue you are struggling with.
How to unlock the key of my Lexus RX
Finally, let’s proceed to the solution part that will enable you to unlock the key of your Lexus RX. Now that you’ve been able to analyze the motive why your key is blocked, we’ll see what possibilities are available to you to cure this issue. We will take up the different concerns and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Lexus RX: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much pressure) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in any longer, be certain to examine it attentively and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Lexus RX doesn’t turn any longer and my steering wheel is locked: In this case, it’s your anti-theft system that is activated, you will have to all in one go turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, examine this full guide on the steering wheel locked on Lexus RX to have the complete process.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most annoying circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is damaged you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Lexus RX. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your dealer to obtain a copy of your key. In any other case, last answer, change the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Lexus RX: In cases like this, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If you have any further questions about the Lexus RX, do not hesitate to consult our Lexus RX category.