You’re probably thinking about your first motor vehicle, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second-hand car searches you have probably noticed that the Nissan Versa of “companies” are much less expensive to buy and seems to be an interesting offer. On the other hand, these Nissan Versa only have 2 seats and will therefore need a conversion to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to find out in this content how to convert a 2-seater Nissan Versa into a 5-seater , to get this done, first, we will make a summary of the main key actions that must be taken, then, we will find out what are the modifications to be done on the automobile, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to complete the conversion of your Nissan Versa company into a 5-seater.
The main key methods to convert a Nissan Versa 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to respect if you want to to pass your Nissan Versa company or commercial in 5 places:
- Install the missing seats and seat belts.
- Get the certificate of conformity from the company
- Take his Nissan Versa to the roadworthiness assessment to have the changes confirmed
- To run his car through mine control.
- Report to your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be done on the vehicle to convert a Nissan Versa 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will so begin our content on the transformation of a Nissan Versa 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be undertaken straight on the automobile to be able to enable it to be established as a Nissan Versa 5-seater.
Convert its Nissan Versa to 5 seaters alone
If you want to do a majority of the work on your own, you should know that it will be difficult. In fact, the manufacturers make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Nissan Versa easy only for the manufacturers, here are the motives:
- You will have to get a certificate of conformity, which will need a visit to the automobile by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Nissan Versa into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Set up the kit as indicated by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these factors, it is easier to ask an approved auto mechanic who will perform these actions in compliance with the manufacturer’s standards.
If you still want to carry out the transformation of your new Nissan Versa on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your area to get the needed parts and search for manufacturer information relating to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion performed by a professional
If you want to convert your Nissan Versa 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the simplest decision. In fact, he will have a easier access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will enable you to perform the following steps without the slightest pressure.
The administrative steps that must be taken to convert a Nissan Versa into 5 places
Now that we have discovered the first technical steps in the transformation of a Nissan Versa 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now tackle the administrative action.
The different steps to be done in order to have one’s Nissan Versa 2 places approved as a 5 places
You will discover down below, the different steps to respect in order to be ok with the law to drive your Nissan Versa converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes done on your Nissan Versa, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be essential to adhere to all the steps fairly quickly.
- You have to bring the automobile to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on an automobile.
- Take the automobile to the mine so that they can attest to the change in the number of seats in your Nissan Versa li>
- Apply for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Nissan Versainto 5 places
Finally last part, to give you an idea of the cost that the passage of a Nissan Versa 2 seats to 5 seats can be, it is necessary to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is necessary to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Nissan Versa company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If you have any additional questions about the Nissan Versa, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Versa category.