Air conditioning is probably the most appreciated specs on newer cars. Although it was before restricted to high-end versions, it has now been democratized for the great majority of cars. However, this expensive and complex mechanism needs special attention, and whether it’s for service or because of odours, it is completely necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Jeep Renegade. This is exactly what we will teach you in detail in this content page. First we will check in detail at the procedure to clean the air conditioning of your Jeep Renegade, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the service of the air conditioning of your Jeep Renegade.
How to clean my Jeep Renegade air conditioning
Let’s commence our content page with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Jeep Renegade. The only solution to do a full cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in fact, your air conditioning produces loads of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will promote the development of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two solutions to perform this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning circuit of your Jeep Renegade in a simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can instantly clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The method is quite easy, however, this process can dirty the inside of your Jeep Renegade.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it little by little and close the motor vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Jeep Renegade, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This process will allow you to very fast clean the air-conditioning system of your Jeep Renegade, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Jeep Renegade that are persistent, we recommend you to utilise the second technique.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Jeep Renegade
Now let’s go forward to the more radical process of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit detailed. You will have to be equipped with the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be different. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Jeep Renegade (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for A few minutes.
- Once this first part is completed you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually established under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Jeep Renegade.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Jeep Renegade
Finally, to conclude our content page, we will give you the main tips to respect, if you want to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Jeep Renegade and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Jeep Renegade every year.
To find more tips on the Jeep Renegade, take a look at the Jeep Renegade category.