Air conditioning is probably the most important specs on newer cars. Although it was previously restricted to high-end varieties, it has today been democratized for the vast majority of cars. Nevertheless, this expensive and elaborate equipment requires special treatment, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is completely important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Ram ProMaster. This is precisely what we will demonstrate in more detail in this article. First we will check in detail at the process to clean the air conditioning of your Ram ProMaster, then in a second part, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Ram ProMaster.
How to clean my Ram ProMaster air conditioning
Let’s start our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Ram ProMaster. The only method to carry out a full cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in fact, your air conditioning makes loads of moisture that will stay in the circuit and will promote the expansion of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two procedures to accomplish this, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Ram ProMaster in the simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The method is very simple, nevertheless, this process can dirty the inside of your Ram ProMaster.
- Take away the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, push the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Ram ProMaster, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This methodology will allow you to rather quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Ram ProMaster, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Ram ProMaster that are persistent, we encourage you to utilise the second solution.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Ram ProMaster
Now let’s move on to the more radical method of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system detailed. You will have to purchase the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the procedure to stick to:
- Take away your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Ram ProMaster (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for 5 minutes.
- Once this first step is performed you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually found under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Ram ProMaster.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Ram ProMaster
Finally, to finish our article, we will give you the main tips to respect, if you desire to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Ram ProMaster and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Ram ProMaster every year.
To discover more tips on the Ram ProMaster, take a look at the Ram ProMaster category.