The lighting components of our automobiles are part of the essential elements of safety. In truth, they allow us to see and be seen during the night or in bad climatic conditions. It is consequently essential to keep them in good working condition and to always have optimal lighting. In this article, we are going to look into the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Volkswagen T-Cross? We will begin this content page with the justification why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Volkswagen T-Cross.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Volkswagen T-Cross?
Most of us are likely to take into consideration emptying the vehicle, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely take into consideration looking at the cleanliness of the headlights on his Volkswagen T-Cross . In truth, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to verify that your headlights are able to properly illuminate the road. To begin with, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Volkswagen T-Cross, or its low beams, by consulting our two dedicated web content.
Clean the dull headlights of your Volkswagen T-Cross for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you may be on this article is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Volkswagen T-Cross. In truth, if your headlights have become opaque after some time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in such a case it may consequently be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Volkswagen T-Cross before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Volkswagen T-Cross to gain visibility
Second situation, you simply have the impression of lighting less well during the night with your Volkswagen T-Cross . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be tricky to take out, we advise you to clean the headlights of your car repeatedly .
How to clean the headlights of its Volkswagen T-Cross?
We’ll now proceed to the part that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Volkswagen T-Cross? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to renovate the headlights of your Volkswagen T-Cross.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Volkswagen T-Cross
First opportunity, you have the impression that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Volkswagen T-Cross headlights, for that, nothing could be much easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical components using the screws supplied for this goal
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Volkswagen T-Cross
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Volkswagen T-Cross are dirty and you want to clean them, several possibilities are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Volkswagen T-Cross with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with lots of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit discovered in a specialized store. You will only have to stick to the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is powerful but a little more expensive than the substitute solutions presented above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Volkswagen T-Cross
Finally, in the event even after cleaning your headlights, you have the impression that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is often the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Volkswagen T-Cross/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make mild circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Repeat the process with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Volkswagen T-Cross
If you wish more guides on the Volkswagen T-Cross, go to our Volkswagen T-Cross category.