The lighting elements of our vehicles are part of the fundamental components of safety. In truth, they enable us to see and be viewed during the night or in bad weather conditions. It is therefore fundamental to keep them in good functioning condition and to always have maximum lighting. In this post, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Chrysler 200? We will start this content page with the justification why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Chrysler 200.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Chrysler 200?
Most of us usually tend to take into consideration emptying the vehicle, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely take into consideration checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Chrysler 200 . In truth, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to verify that your headlights are capable to effectively illuminate the road. To begin with, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Chrysler 200, or its low beams, by consulting our two specific articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Chrysler 200 for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you can be on this page is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Chrysler 200. In truth, if your headlights have become opaque with time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in such a case it may consequently be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Chrysler 200 before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Chrysler 200 to gain visibility
Second situation, you only have the feeling of lighting less well during the night with your Chrysler 200 . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become hard to take out, we suggest you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle repeatedly .
How to clean the headlights of its Chrysler 200?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Chrysler 200? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to renovate the headlights of your Chrysler 200.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Chrysler 200
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Chrysler 200 headlights, for that, nothing could be easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws supplied for this purpose
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Chrysler 200
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Chrysler 200 are dirty and you want to clean them, some possibilities are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Chrysler 200 with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit located in a specific store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is powerful but a little more pricey than the substitute options presented earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Chrysler 200
Finally, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is in many instances the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Chrysler 200/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make delicate circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the process with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do that one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Chrysler 200
To get more tips on the Chrysler 200, take a look at the Chrysler 200 category.