If you desire to have a clean car or you intend to sell your motor vehicle, cleaning the engine of your Ford Escape is an action of routine service that is not necessarily well handled, between the fear of injuring electronic parts or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will join you to complete this action of routine service with serenity. To do this, first, we will find out why it might be necessary to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Ford Escape .
Why clean the engine of your Ford Escape?
So we begin our article by explaining why it might be smart to reflect on a cleaning of the engine block of your Ford Escape .
The most common reason for cleaning the engine compartment of your motor vehicle should be frequent service. Failure to clean your motor vehicle will trigger dirt and grime to gather and eventually damage auto parts of your motor vehicle. We suggest you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Ford Escape, nevertheless be careful not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Ford Escape?
We will now start the heart of the article with the practical part of cleaning the engine block of your Ford Escape . For this, in the first part we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine to carry out this action in the right way, and in a second time, the guidelines to let you to clean the engine compartment of your Ford Escape.
To prepare the engine of your Ford Escape before cleaning it
First step and not the least important one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is supposed to be waterproof, cleaning it thoroughly is not suggested either because of the many electrical parts inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Ford Escape completely, it is better to protect the electrical parts of your Ford Escape . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Ford Escape , to do this, do not hesitate to consult our article dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to do this step.
- Take out the upper motor housing of your Ford Escape , it’s a plastic cover that can in general be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will let you to have an less difficult access to the whole engine of your motor vehicle.
- Protect all electrical parts with plastic film , stretchable for example, this includes the flowmeter (which is located on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Ford Escape
Now that you have prepared your motor vehicle for cleaning, all you have to do is start cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine of your Ford Escape effectively :
- Warm up the engine of your motor vehicle for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and facilitate its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Ford Escape engine.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect elements of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are convinced with the result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can duplicate the process until it goes away.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Ford Escape, you will locate this sort of product in specialised shops or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine.
To discover more tips on the Ford Escape, take a look at the Ford Escape category.