Whether it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your wallet, ensuring your headlight bulbs are all the time operational is very important. The reality is, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out with time and therefore need to be changed. You’re likely on this website because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Chevrolet Express, we’ve created this content page to help you do this procedure by yourself and not need to go to your mechanic. Firstly, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Chevrolet Express and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Chevrolet Express?
We are going to commence this content page with the changing the front fog light bulb of your Chevrolet Express, remember that depending on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the exact process to employ, that’s why we are going to give you the two most classical solutions to change the front fog light bulb of your vehicle.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Chevrolet Express without removing the bumper.
First technique, we will swap the bulb without removing the bumper of your car. Despite the fact this technique is the least complicated, there is no assurance that you can perform it on your automobile. The reality is, according to the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different solutions to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Chevrolet Express:
- By going under the bumper of your Chevrolet Express: First approach, you will position yourself under your automobile, don’t be reluctant to lift it with a jack if you don’t have enough space under the bumper. Once under the automobile, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that protects your engine motor and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Chevrolet Express and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, detach the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and finally swap the front fog light bulb of your Chevrolet Express
- By removing the wheel arch: Second alternative, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To get this done, lift your automobile up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and execute the same procedure as described above to change the bulb of the fog light of your Chevrolet Express.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Chevrolet Express by removing the bumper?
We will at this point check out the circumstance where you are obliged by lack of space on your car model to remove the bumper of your Chevrolet Express to be able to access the front fog light bulb of your car. To do this, you will initially have to remove the front bumper of your Chevrolet Express, do not be reluctant to browse our complete article to find out the exact operation, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your cover, in your wheel arches and under your automobile. Once the bumper has been taken off, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your Chevrolet Express in the same manner as mentioned above.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Chevrolet Express?
To finish, if you want to change the rear fog bulb of your car the process is much easier, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Chevrolet Express.
- After finding the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Place your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Chevrolet Express
- Put everything back in place
Check that your fog lights are working correctly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
If you have any additional questions about the Chevrolet Express, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Express category.