Regardless it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness assessment or for your wallet, being sure your headlight bulbs are actually functional is really important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out with time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re most likely in this article because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Audi Q7, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do this procedure without help and not need to go to your mechanic. Firstly, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Audi Q7 and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Audi Q7?
We are going to commence this content page with the swapping the front fog light bulb of your Audi Q7, take note that depending on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the same method to use, that’s why we are going to give you the two most traditional methods to replace the front fog light bulb of your car.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Audi Q7 without removing the bumper.
First technique, we will change the bulb without removing the bumper of your car. Although this solution is the least difficult, there is no guarantee that you can carry it out on your car. In fact, according to the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough room for you to change the bulb in this manner. Here are the two different solutions to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Audi Q7:
- By going under the bumper of your Audi Q7: First technique, you will put yourself under your car, don’t hesitate to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough room under the bumper. Once under the car, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that protects your engine unit and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Audi Q7 and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, detach the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and finally swap the front fog light bulb of your Audi Q7
- By removing the wheel arch: Second option, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To achieve this, jack your car up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and perform the same procedure as explained earlier to change the bulb of the fog light of your Audi Q7.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Audi Q7 by removing the bumper?
We will at this point look at the case where you are obliged by lack of room on your car model to remove the bumper of your Audi Q7 in order to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To achieve this, you will initially have to remove the front bumper of your Audi Q7, do not be reluctant to consult our complete instruction to find out the exact technique, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your hood, in your wheel arches and under your car. Once the bumper has been removed, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your Audi Q7 in the same manner as mentioned earlier.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Audi Q7?
To finish, if you desire to change the rear fog bulb of your car the method is much easier, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Audi Q7.
- After locating the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Put in your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Audi Q7
- Put everything back in place
Verify that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
If you wish more guides on the Audi Q7, go to our Audi Q7 category.