Regardless it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or for your wallet, making sure your headlight bulbs are all the time operational is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out with time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re probably in this article because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Renault Talisman, we’ve written and published this article to help you do this procedure on your own and not need to go to your repair shop. Firstly, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and secondly, how to change the low beam bulb on your Renault Talisman.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Renault Talisman?
Let’s start our article with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Renault Talisman, you probably already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your car. Nevertheless, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not wish to purchase a complete kit. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and as a result go for a more powerful bulb. When we mention dipped beam light bulbs on your Renault Talisman, we also talk about H7 bulbs, this is in actual fact the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different sort of bulbs that exist and their features:
- Halogen low beam bulb Renault Talisman: This first type of bulb has multiple pros, they are suitable for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the advantage of having a powerful and precise beam but tend to create a yellow light that tires the eyes pretty quickly. Additionally, they have a modest life span and can burn out quite quickly for no reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your Renault Talisman for Xenon is the mid-range choice. In fact, it will provide you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but relating to life span, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be several interests to switch to this type of technology for motorists. Actually, a LED bulb will firstly create a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, furthermore it will have a very long life, you may change Renault Talisman before you need to change bulb, finally the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less outcomes than with conventional bulbs. In contrast, you should know that the retail price will be more expensive and that on some versions you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Renault Talisman
Now let’s move on to the part that probably interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Renault Talisman, to replace this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. Actually, we will explain the few steps to be done, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your vehicle can be very challenging and will require the help of a specialist:
- To swap a low beam bulb on your Renault Talisman, you’ll have to open the cover of the bulb.
- Locate the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is in some cases complicated and making room by removing the components that obstruct may seem too challenging. In most cases, one side is easy and the other is more difficult.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and replace the low beam bulb on your car
- Make sure to put everything back in place, remembering to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the procedure on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Renault Talisman, we have written a short article to help you with this operation.
If you wish more tutorials on the Renault Talisman, go to our Renault Talisman category.