Regardless it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or for your budget, ensuring your headlight bulbs are constantly operational is very important. The reality is, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after a while and therefore need to be replaced. You’re probably on this website because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Cadillac CTS, we’ve made this content to help you do this process without help and not need to go to your auto technician. To start with ,, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and secondly, how to change the low beam bulb on your Cadillac CTS.
How to select the low beam light bulb on my Cadillac CTS?
Let’s begin our content with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Cadillac CTS, you probably already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your motor vehicle. Even so, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not wish to buy a complete kit. Or maybe you want to increase the power of your headlights and therefore go for a more powerful bulb. When we mention dipped beam light bulbs on your Cadillac CTS, we also refer to H7 bulbs, this is indeed the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different kind of bulbs that exist and their advantages:
- Halogen low beam bulb Cadillac CTS: This first type of bulb has many pros, they are suitable for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the benefit of having a powerful and precise beam but are likely to produce a yellow light that tires the eyes fairly quickly. Furthermore, they have a modest life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your Cadillac CTS for Xenon is the mid-range choice. In truth, it will provide you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but in terms of life expectancy, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be different interests to swap to this form of technology for motorists. In actual fact, a LED bulb will firstly produce a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, moreover it will have a very long life, you may change Cadillac CTS before you need to change bulb, at last the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less outcomes than with classic bulbs. On the other hand, you should know that the purchase price will be more expensive and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Cadillac CTS
Now let’s move on to the part that probably interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Cadillac CTS, to swap this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In actual fact, we will explain the few steps to be carried out, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your car can be very challenging and will involve the help of a specialist:
- To swap a low beam bulb on your Cadillac CTS, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Find out the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is in some cases difficult and making room by removing the elements that interfere may seem too challenging. In most cases, one side is easy and the other is more challenging.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and swap the low beam bulb on your car
- Be sure you put everything back in place, keeping in mind to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the process on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Cadillac CTS, we have produced content pages to help you with this operation.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Cadillac CTS, do not hesitate to consult our Cadillac CTS category.