Regardless whether it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or for your wallet, being sure your headlight bulbs are constantly operational is necessary. Actually, bulbs are wearing parts that will unavoidably burn out with time and as a result need to be changed. You’re almost certainly in this article because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Toyota 4Runner, we’ve made this article to help you do this operation without help and not need to go to your auto mechanic. To begin with ,, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and secondly, how to change the low beam bulb on your Toyota 4Runner.
How to select the low beam light bulb on my Toyota 4Runner?
Let’s commence our article with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Toyota 4Runner, you almost certainly already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your motor vehicle. Nevertheless, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not wish to buy a complete kit. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and as a result go for a more efficient bulb. When we mention dipped beam light bulbs on your Toyota 4Runner, we also refer to H7 bulbs, this is in truth the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different types of bulbs that are available and their features:
- Halogen low beam bulb Toyota 4Runner: This first kind of bulb has several pros, they are suitable for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the benefit of having a powerful and precise beam but tend to produce a yellow light that tires the eyes pretty quickly. Furthermore, they have a modest life span and can burn out quite quickly for no reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Replacing the low beam bulb of your Toyota 4Runner for Xenon is the mid-range choice. Often, it will offer you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but relating to life expectancy, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be different interests to swap to this type of technology for motorists. In fact, a LED bulb will firstly generate a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, in addition it will have a very long life, you may change Toyota 4Runner before you need to change bulb, at last the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less repercussions than with classic bulbs. On the flip side, you should know that the purchase price will be higher and that on some versions you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Toyota 4Runner
Now let’s go forward to the section that almost certainly interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Toyota 4Runner, to change this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In fact, we will outline the few steps to be achieved, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your vehicle can be very challenging and will require the help of a specialist:
- To change a low beam bulb on your Toyota 4Runner, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Find the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is in certain cases difficult and making room by removing the parts that interfere may seem too challenging. In most cases, one side is easy and the other is more difficult.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and change the low beam bulb on your car
- Remember to put everything back in place, remembering to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the operation on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Toyota 4Runner, we have produced a paper to help you with this procedure.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Toyota 4Runner, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota 4Runner category.