No matter if it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness evaluation or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are constantly working is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will predictably burn out with time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re most probably here because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Opel Corsa, we’ve written and published this article to teach you do it on your own without having to go to your mechanic. To begin , we will examine inspecting a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Opel Corsa and in a second step, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Opel Corsa.
How do you know if the rear turn signal bulb on your Opel Corsa is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the safety features of your Opel Corsa. Indeed, you are quite often on the go and are likely to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down straight away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is due to this fact essential to make the effort to in some instances check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Opel Corsa, but you didn’t identify it. Here are the two simple methods to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Opel Corsa, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Opel Corsa, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this involves that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Opel Corsa or your position lights on Opel Corsa, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles to help you to achieve this replacing.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Opel Corsa
Now let’s go to the most instersting step of this content, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Opel Corsa? Take note that this procedure is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Opel Corsa, see our dedicated guideline. However, here are the detailed steps to stick to to be able to perform this work accurately:
- To access the tail light assembly, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take out the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Opel Corsa. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is working effectively
If you need more guides on the Opel Corsa, go to our Opel Corsa category.