No matter if it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are all the time functional is fundamental. Surely, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out over time and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re certainly on this website because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re trying to figure out how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Chevrolet Cobalt, we’ve created this content to enable you do it without any help without having to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will look at the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cobalt and in a second step, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cobalt.
How do you know if the rear turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cobalt is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t all the time have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Chevrolet Cobalt. Surely, you are quite often in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is due to this fact fundamental to take the time to on occasions check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Chevrolet Cobalt, but you didn’t notice it. Here are the two ordinary techniques to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Chevrolet Cobalt, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are working.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet Cobalt, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first strategy shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Chevrolet Cobalt or your position lights on Chevrolet Cobalt, don’t be reluctant to read our publications to help you to achieve this substitution.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Chevrolet Cobalt
Now let’s go to the most instersting step of this guideline, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Chevrolet Cobalt? Please note that this procedure is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Chevrolet Cobalt, see our specific guideline. On the other hand, here are the detailed description to adhere to in order to conduct this work accurately:
- To access the tail light set up, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take out the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously recognized by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cobalt. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is working properly
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Chevrolet Cobalt, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Cobalt category.