Regardless whether it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your headlamp bulbs are always operational is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after some time and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly on this site because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of my Volkswagen ID.3 parking light, we’ve created this content to help you do this process without hiring somebody and not need to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will take a look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second art, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my Volkswagen ID.3?
We will start this article with changing the front daytime running light bulb of your Volkswagen ID.3, take note that depending on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same technique to use. In fact, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less challenging based on the features of your car.
First technique, we will execute the bulb swap of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your Volkswagen ID.3. Although this process is the simplest, it is not assured that you will be in a position to accomplish it on your motor vehicle without trouble. In fact, depending on the versions and the year, on some versions there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different techniques to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your Volkswagen ID.3:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First solution, you will simply go through the bonnet of your motor vehicle to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most wise solution but it is not always easy to do to achieve, often because of secondary auto parts that will obstruct your access. To perform this, here are the guidelines to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this step has been done, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your Volkswagen ID.3. You may possibly need to take out the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take out the bulb socket from its position. To perform this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last now that the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once done, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and accomplish a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your Volkswagen ID.3 if the access through the engine block seems too challenging. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, take out the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take out the headlight in question. Once these steps are achieved you will only have to stick to the same methodology as on the previous part to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your Volkswagen ID.3
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your Volkswagen ID.3
To conclude, if you need to change the rear parking light bulb of your Volkswagen ID.3 the process is less difficult, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to change this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are functioning properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Volkswagen ID.3, please go through our dedicated content page to discover how to do it.
If you want more tutorials on the Volkswagen ID.3, go to our Volkswagen ID.3 category.