Regardless it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, making sure your headlamp bulbs are always functional is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing units that will obviously burn out over time and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re most certainly on this website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change your Volvo S60’s license plate bulb, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your motor mechanic. Firstly, we will look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Volvo S60.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Volvo S60 throughout the outside
This tactic is the simplest of the two, in fact, for this one you will only have to take off the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will dedicate a moment on in the second part of this content to explain the approach.
So let’s begin with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Volvo S60. Regardless it’s the front or the back of your automobile the technique will be the same.
Here are a few simple steps to follow to conduct this service:
- With the engine off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch supplied for this intent (almost always on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Volvo S60
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its placement, in the event that you are scared of damaging something, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to confirm the achievement of the process.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Volvo S60 without outside access
Second part of our content page, replace this license plate bulb on your Volvo S60 without external access. Most often you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Volvo S60
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to position yourself under the automobile (preferably put on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, almost always held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at once, then now that you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take away the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be cautious not to exert too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will only have to take off the burnt-out license plate bulb and change it with the new , then check and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Volvo S60
Finally last option, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Volvo S60, but you cannot really open the cover from the outside of your automobile. In such a case, here is the technique to execute this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Volvo S60
- Find the location of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once established, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Change the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Volvo S60, check it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main solutions for changing license plate bulbs on your car, take notice that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the explanation of this article content. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your garage area it would be a shame to break a part of your Volvo S60. If you wish to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Volvo S60 or the low beam bulbs on Volvo S60, don’t hesitate to consult our articles which demonstrate you the procedure to follow.
To discover more tips on the Volvo S60, take a look at the Volvo S60 category.