Regardless whether it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are all the time effective is necessary. In reality, bulbs are wearing units that will surely burn out over time and therefore need to be changed. You’re probably on this website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change your Peugeot 208’s license plate bulb, we’ve created this document to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your auto technician. Firstly, we will take a look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Peugeot 208.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Peugeot 208 coming from the outside
This option is the quickest of the two, in fact, for this one you will only have to take off the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will spend some time on in the second section of this document to demonstrate the way.
So let’s start with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Peugeot 208. Regardless whether it’s the front or the back of your car the procedure will be identical.
Here are a few simple guidelines to follow to carry out this maintenance:
- With the engine turned off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch supplied for this purpose (generally on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Peugeot 208
- Use your screwdriver or knife to remove the bulb from its spot, in the event you are worried of breaking anything, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last stage, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to confirm the success of the task.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Peugeot 208 without outside access
Second section of our content page, change this license plate bulb on your Peugeot 208 without external access. Most often you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Peugeot 208
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to put yourself under the car (ideally positioned on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, generally kept by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at once, then once you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take out the plastic that operates as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be mindful not to apply too much pressure otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will simply have to take off the burnt-out license plate bulb and swap it with the new , then verify and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Peugeot 208
Finally last possibility, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Peugeot 208, but you simply cannot open the cover from the outside of your car. In such a case, here is the tactic to carry out this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Peugeot 208
- Locate the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, kept by clips, you will have to lever softly on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once found, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for much easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Peugeot 208, check it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main tactics for changing license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the method may be a bit different but you should be able to realize it following the outline of this content page. If you can’t do it, don’t be reluctant to go to your garage area it would be a shame to break a part of your Peugeot 208. If you want to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Peugeot 208 or the low beam bulbs on Peugeot 208, don’t be reluctant to consult our content articles which explain you the process to follow.
If you want more guides on the Peugeot 208, go to our Peugeot 208 category.