It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are all the time operational is necessary. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out over time and therefore need to be changed. You’re almost certainly on this site because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re struggling with how to change your Mercedes Classe E’s license plate bulb, we’ve created this article content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your technician. Firstly, we will look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to change the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to change the rear license plate bulb of your Mercedes Classe E.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Mercedes Classe E throughout the outside
This method is the easiest of the two, in reality, for this one you will simply have to remove the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will spend a moment on in the second part of this article to describe the method.
So let’s begin with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Mercedes Classe E. It doesn’t matter if it’s the front or the back of your car the technique will be identical.
Here are a few simple steps to follow to perform this routine service:
- With the engine turned off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch specified for this goal (in general on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Mercedes Classe E
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its placement, if you are worried of breaking anything, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to confirm the success of the procedure.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Mercedes Classe E without outside access
Second part of our article, replace this license plate bulb on your Mercedes Classe E without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, but some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Mercedes Classe E
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to put yourself under the car (preferably placed on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, in general held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then right after you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take out the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be attentive not to exert too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to remove the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then test out and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Mercedes Classe E
Finally last possibility, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Mercedes Classe E, but you cannot really open the cover from the outside of your car. In such a case, here is the method to accomplish this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Mercedes Classe E
- Identify the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever softly on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once located, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for less difficult access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Mercedes Classe E, check it and reassemble it, paying attention to the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main tactics for changing license plate bulbs on your car, take notice that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the outline of this document. If you can’t do it, don’t be reluctant to go to your garage area it would be a shame to break a part of your Mercedes Classe E. If you desire to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Mercedes Classe E or the low beam bulbs on Mercedes Classe E, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles which describe you the process to follow.
If you wish more tutorials on the Mercedes Classe E, go to our Mercedes Classe E category.