Whether it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are constantly functioning is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out after a while and as a result need to be changed. You’re probably here because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change your Mercedes Benz E Class’s license plate bulb, we’ve written this content to help you do it without any help and not have to go to your auto technician. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Mercedes Benz E Class.
How to change the license plate bulb on your Mercedes Benz E Class coming from the outside
This technique is the simplest of the two, actually, for this one you will just need to take out the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will spend a moment on in the second part of this content page to describe the way.
So let’s start with replacing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Mercedes Benz E Class. Whether it’s the front or the back of your motor vehicle the technique will be identical.
Here are a few simple actions to stick to to execute this routine service:
- With the engine off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch specified for this goal (generally on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Mercedes Benz E Class
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its placement, in the event you are scared of breaking anything, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last stage, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and test the light to confirm the achievement of the procedure.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Mercedes Benz E Class without outside access
Second part of our content page, change this license plate bulb on your Mercedes Benz E Class without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, but some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to change the front license plate bulb on my Mercedes Benz E Class
To change the one on the front plate, nothing could be less difficult, you will have to put yourself under the motor vehicle (preferably positioned on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, generally held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then right after you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be attentive not to put in too much pressure otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will only have to take out the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then test and reassemble the whole thing.
How to change the rear license plate bulb on my Mercedes Benz E Class
Finally last option, you must change the bulb on the backplate of your Mercedes Benz E Class, but you simply cannot open the cover from the outside of your motor vehicle. In this instance, here is the technique to accomplish this task:
- Disconnect the battery from your Mercedes Benz E Class
- Identify the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever softly on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once found, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for less complicated access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Mercedes Benz E Class, test it and reassemble it, paying attention to the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have discovered the main methods for replacing license plate bulbs on your car, take note that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the outline of this article. If you can’t do it, don’t be reluctant to go to your garage it would be a shame to break a part of your Mercedes Benz E Class. If you wish to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Mercedes Benz E Class or the low beam bulbs on Mercedes Benz E Class, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles which explain you the procedure to follow.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Mercedes Benz E Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz E Class category.