It doesn’t matter if it’s for your specific security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your headlamp bulbs are in every case operational is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will undoubtedly burn out with time and therefore need to be changed. You’re perhaps on this site because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change your Buick LaCrosse’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this document to help you do it without any help and not have to go to your motor mechanic. Firstly, we will take a look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to change the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to change the rear license plate bulb of your Buick LaCrosse.
How to change the license plate bulb on your Buick LaCrosse coming from the outside
This option is the fastest of the two, in truth, for this one you will just have to take away the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will spend some time on in the second section of this content to clarify the method.
So let’s start with replacing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Buick LaCrosse. It doesn’t matter if it’s the front or the back of your motor vehicle the technique will be identical.
Here are a few simple guidelines to follow to execute this maintenance:
- With the engine turned off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch provided for this goal (in most cases on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Buick LaCrosse
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its spot, if you are afraid of breaking something, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last stage, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to confirm the success of the task.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Buick LaCrosse without outside access
Second section of our content, swap this license plate bulb on your Buick LaCrosse without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, but some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to change the front license plate bulb on my Buick LaCrosse
To change the one on the front plate, nothing could be less hard, you will have to put yourself under the motor vehicle (preferably placed on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, in most cases kept by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then once you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be careful not to exert too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will simply have to take away the burnt-out license plate bulb and change it with the new , then verify and reassemble the whole thing.
How to change the rear license plate bulb on my Buick LaCrosse
Finally last possibility, you must change the bulb on the backplate of your Buick LaCrosse, but you simply cannot open the cover from the outside of your motor vehicle. In this instance, here is the process to conduct this task:
- Disconnect the battery from your Buick LaCrosse
- Locate the spot of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, kept by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once established, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Change the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Buick LaCrosse, check it and reassemble it, paying attention to the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main tactics for replacing license plate bulbs on your car, take notice that on some models the methodology may be a bit different but you should be able to realize it following the explanation of this article content. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your workshop it would be a shame to break a part of your Buick LaCrosse. If you wish to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Buick LaCrosse or the low beam bulbs on Buick LaCrosse, don’t hesitate to consult our articles which describe you the operation to follow.
To discover more tips on the Buick LaCrosse, take a look at the Buick LaCrosse category.