Some routine service actions such as changing the engine unit oil might seem evident and fundamental, while others such as changing the gearbox oil from its Jeep Renegade may appear to be less automatic. However, make no mistake, changing the gearbox is just as important as changing the engine unit oil. This guideline will show you the role of the gearbox oil, then, why it is vital to change the gearbox of your Jeep Renegade, and at last, how to change the gearbox oil of a Jeep Renegade .
Purpose of gearbox oil on a Jeep Renegade
So we start our guideline with the role of gearbox oil on a Jeep Renegade. The objective of this short introduction is to make you understand the benefit of this fluid which assures the good functioning of your motor vehicle. The gearbox of your car has the objective to demultiply the power transferred by the engine unit and send it back to your wheels . It is made up of pinions and gears that will allow the wheels to rotate at different speeds depending on the curves and the gear engaged. It will operate with the help of an axle and a differential. All these auto parts will need to be strongly lubricate to action accurately, limit friction and tolerate the high temperatures built by the engine unit and friction. Your transmission oil has a high viscosity and will prevent the formation of filings or gear breakage, so it is essential to the correct functioning of the gearbox.
Why changing the gearbox oil from a Jeep Renegade?
Now we’ll find out what’s the point of draining the gearbox oil of your Jeep Renegade?
Benefit of gearbox oil changing Jeep Renegade
There are some interests to change the gearbox of your motor vehicle repeatedly, we will list them and outline them below:
- As time passes, the oil will lose its viscosity because of friction and temperature rise, which will cause less lubrication of the gears and pinions and therefore risk to break some of them.
- Same as viscosity, time and temperature rise will reduce the oil resistance to the engine unit temperature, So it will fluidize much more easily when the engine heats up, which is not good for your gearbox.
- Accumulation of metallic residues: Finally, even if you constantly have a quality oil, a gearbox is an element that wears out and generates iron filings with friction, the oil will pick them up and if it builds up too much these residues can get into gears and break them.
When to do the gearbox oil change on a Jeep Renegade?
If you want to do an automatic or manual gearbox oil change on Jeep Renegade or strong> the process is not similar, however, dealers do not give mileage suggestions to change the oil in your gearbox, on the other hand when you do an intervention on the gearbox it is wise to change it, in any other case here are the reasons to make you think about doing this oil change.
Oil change for manual gearbox Jeep Renegade
- Gears are jumping: you are likely missing oil and you might have a gearbox oil leak, please find out our content page on gearbox leaks on Jeep Renegade for more info.
- The gearbox cracks when you change gears: The oil has certainly lost viscosity and is too fluid, so the gears get stuck.
- Difficulty to shift gears: Same issue as just before, the oil is most certainly too fluid.
Automatic gearbox oil change
- A slow start from the neutral position to the first one: often a viscosity issue.
- Difficulty or even impossibility to shift gears: Lack of oil
How to change gearbox oil of a Jeep Renegade?
At last, to end this content page, we will show you you how to empty the gearbox oil of your Jeep Renegade , it’s much easier than you might think, here are the few actions to follow to do it accurately:
- Heat your Jeep Renegade for about 10 minutes to get a fluid oil, place it flat on 4 stands.
- Install a drain pan under the drain plug, open it, and clean it well because it will likely collect filings.
- Let all the oil run out until it’s all gone.
- Change and tighten the cap, then fill with a syringe through the filler cap with the manufacturer’s suggested dose
If you wish more tutorials on the Jeep Renegade, go to our Jeep Renegade category.