It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is necessary. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out with time and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volvo S90, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volvo S90 and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Volvo S90 is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the safety features of your Volvo S90. Indeed, you are often times in a hurry and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to once in a while examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volvo S90, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volvo S90, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first process shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles to help you to perform this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Volvo S90
Now let’s go to the main part of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volvo S90? Please note that this operation is very simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volvo S90. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. However, here are the details of the guidelines to follow to be able to accomplish this action efficiently depending on the solution you desire to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Volvo S90 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volvo S90 by the new one (make sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volvo S90 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Volvo S90 following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volvo S90 through the wheel arch:
This tactic is extremely valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volvo S90 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them now:
If you need more guides on the Volvo S90, go to our Volvo S90 category.