Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functional is important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after a while and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Tiguan, we’ve written this document to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your technician. In a first step, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Tiguan and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Tiguan is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the safety equipments of your Volkswagen Tiguan. In fact, you are in many cases in a hurry and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result essential to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Tiguan, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible sign on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Tiguan, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown previously.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our content articles to help you to conduct this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Tiguan
Now let’s go to the most essential step of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Tiguan? You should be aware that this operation is uncomplicated, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Tiguan. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. On the other hand, here are the details of the actions to stick to to be able to perform this act accurately dependant on the strategy you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Tiguan through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen Tiguan by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen Tiguan on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen Tiguan following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Tiguan through the wheel arch:
This tactic is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Tiguan through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them right now:
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Volkswagen Tiguan, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Tiguan category.