Whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out in the future and as a result need to be changed. You’re quite likely on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Nissan Xterra, we’ve made this article content to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your technician. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Xterra and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Xterra is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the safety features of your Nissan Xterra. In reality, you are mostly in a rush and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently essential to take the time to once in a while check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Nissan Xterra, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple methods to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Nissan Xterra, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first methodology shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our articles to help you to conduct this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Xterra
Now let’s go to the main step of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Xterra? Take note that this procedure is quite simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Xterra. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to carry out this action properly according to the technique you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Xterra through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Nissan Xterra by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Nissan Xterra on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Nissan Xterra following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Xterra through the wheel arch:
This process is extremely useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Xterra through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them right now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Nissan Xterra, go to our Nissan Xterra category.