It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out after awhile and as a result need to be changed. You’re perhaps in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mini Cooper, we’ve made this document to help you do it alone and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mini Cooper and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Mini Cooper is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to check all the security components of your Mini Cooper. Indeed, you are often in a rush and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to once in a while check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mini Cooper, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple methods to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mini Cooper, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first solution shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles to help you to complete this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Mini Cooper
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Mini Cooper? Please be aware that this task is really easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mini Cooper. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. On the other hand, here are the details of the actions to stick to to be able to accomplish this action properly according to the technique you want to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Mini Cooper through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mini Cooper by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mini Cooper on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Mini Cooper following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mini Cooper through the wheel arch:
This approach is particularly useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mini Cooper through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them right now:
If you have any additional questions about the Mini Cooper, do not hesitate to consult our Mini Cooper category.