Whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always working is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out as time passes and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mazda CX 3, we’ve written this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 3 and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 3 is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the safety components of your Mazda CX 3. In reality, you are often in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore crucial to take the time to occasionally examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mazda CX 3, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple techniques to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mazda CX 3, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 3
Now let’s go to the most essential step of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mazda CX 3? You should be aware that this procedure is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mazda CX 3. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific document. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to accomplish this action accurately depending on the technique you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 3 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mazda CX 3 by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mazda CX 3 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take off your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Mazda CX 3 following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mazda CX 3 through the wheel arch:
This tactic is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mazda CX 3 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them now:
If you have any further questions about the Mazda CX 3, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda CX 3 category.