Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out in the future and consequently need to be changed. You’re most certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Land Rover LR4, we’ve written this article to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Land Rover LR4 and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Land Rover LR4 is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the safety features of your Land Rover LR4. In reality, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to once in a while examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Land Rover LR4, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Land Rover LR4, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first process shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our blog posts to help you to achieve this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Land Rover LR4
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Land Rover LR4? Please be aware that this procedure is quite simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Land Rover LR4. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to execute this action efficiently depending on the method you want to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Land Rover LR4 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Land Rover LR4 by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Land Rover LR4 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take off your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Land Rover LR4 following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Land Rover LR4 through the wheel arch:
This process is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Land Rover LR4 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will point them right now:
In the event that you have any further questions about the Land Rover LR4, do not hesitate to consult our Land Rover LR4 category.