It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is imperative. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out in the future and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Kia Sportage, we’ve made this document to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Kia Sportage and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Sportage is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the security components of your Kia Sportage. In fact, you are often in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently essential to take the time to once in a while verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Kia Sportage, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple techniques to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Kia Sportage, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and examine which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to complete this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Sportage
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Sportage? You should be aware that this technique is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Kia Sportage. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to stick to in order to accomplish this action efficiently according to the method you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Kia Sportage through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Kia Sportage by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Kia Sportage on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take away your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Kia Sportage following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Sportage through the wheel arch:
This tactic is specifically useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Sportage through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
To get more tips on the Kia Sportage, take a look at the Kia Sportage category.