Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after awhile and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re probably in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Kia Sedona, we’ve written this article to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Kia Sedona and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Sedona is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to verify all the security components of your Kia Sedona. In fact, you are often times in a hurry and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to sometimes verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Kia Sedona, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple methods to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Kia Sedona, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to achieve this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Sedona
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Sedona? Take note that this process is really easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Kia Sedona. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to execute this action accurately depending on the strategy you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Kia Sedona through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Kia Sedona by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Kia Sedona on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Kia Sedona following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Sedona through the wheel arch:
This technique is particularly practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Sedona through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Kia Sedona, go to our Kia Sedona category.