Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out in the future and therefore need to be changed. You’re perhaps here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Jeep Patriot, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first part, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Patriot and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Patriot is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the safety features of your Jeep Patriot. Indeed, you are mostly in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result crucial to take the time to sometimes check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Jeep Patriot, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple options to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Jeep Patriot, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first process shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to achieve this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Patriot
Now let’s go to the most important part of this content page, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Patriot? Please note that this task is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Patriot. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content page. However, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to in order to perform this action properly according to the strategy you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Patriot through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Jeep Patriot by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Jeep Patriot on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Jeep Patriot following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Patriot through the wheel arch:
This technique is specially effective when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Patriot through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them now:
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Jeep Patriot, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Patriot category.