Regardless for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out as time passes and as a result need to be changed. You’re most certainly here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Jeep Grand Cherokee, we’ve made this content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your technician. In a first part, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Grand Cherokee and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Grand Cherokee is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Jeep Grand Cherokee. In fact, you are often in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Jeep Grand Cherokee, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Jeep Grand Cherokee, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first process shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles to help you to carry out this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Grand Cherokee
Now let’s go to the most important part of this content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Grand Cherokee? Take note that this task is quite simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Grand Cherokee. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content. However, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to accomplish this act accurately depending on the method you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Grand Cherokee through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Jeep Grand Cherokee by the new one (ensure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Jeep Grand Cherokee on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Jeep Grand Cherokee following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Grand Cherokee through the wheel arch:
This approach is specifically useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Grand Cherokee through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them right now:
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Jeep Grand Cherokee, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Grand Cherokee category.