Whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out over the years and therefore need to be changed. You’re most likely on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Honda Insight, we’ve written this article to help you do it without help and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Honda Insight and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Honda Insight is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Honda Insight. In reality, you are often times in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore crucial to take the time to in some cases check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Honda Insight, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indicator on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Honda Insight, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles to help you to perform this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Honda Insight
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Insight? Please be aware that this technique is uncomplicated, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Honda Insight. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. However, here are the details of the actions to follow in order to execute this action properly dependant on the strategy you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Honda Insight through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Honda Insight by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Honda Insight on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Honda Insight following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Insight through the wheel arch:
This procedure is extremely useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Insight through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them right now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Honda Insight, go to our Honda Insight category.