It doesn’t matter if for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out after awhile and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Genesis G80, we’ve created this article content to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Genesis G80 and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Genesis G80 is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the security equipments of your Genesis G80. In fact, you are in general in a rush and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a consequence relevant to take the time to in some cases verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Genesis G80, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple ways to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Genesis G80, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first process shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our content articles to help you to carry out this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Genesis G80
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Genesis G80? Please note that this technique is very simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Genesis G80. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to carry out this act accurately depending on the technique you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Genesis G80 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Genesis G80 by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Genesis G80 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Genesis G80 following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Genesis G80 through the wheel arch:
This approach is specially effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Genesis G80 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will point them right now:
In the event that you have any further questions about the Genesis G80, do not hesitate to consult our Genesis G80 category.