It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is necessary. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after a while and as a result need to be replaced. You’re probably here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Transit, we’ve written and published this article content to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Transit and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Transit is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Ford Transit. In reality, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to in some cases check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Transit, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Transit, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first technique shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles to help you to accomplish this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Transit
Now let’s go to the most essential step of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Transit? Please be aware that this task is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Transit. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to carry out this action efficiently depending on the technique you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Ford Transit through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Transit by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Transit on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Transit following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Transit through the wheel arch:
This solution is in particular valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Transit through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will point them right now:
To find more tips on the Ford Transit, take a look at the Ford Transit category.