It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is necessary. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out as time passes and therefore need to be changed. You’re perhaps on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford E Series, we’ve made this article to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first part, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford E Series and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford E Series is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the security features of your Ford E Series. Indeed, you are often in a rush and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore fundamental to take the time to occasionally verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford E Series, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple options to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible sign on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford E Series, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first technique shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to carry out this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford E Series
Now let’s go to the main part of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford E Series? Take note that this operation is really easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford E Series. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. However, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to accomplish this act accurately dependant on the solution you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Ford E Series through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford E Series by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford E Series on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take off your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford E Series following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford E Series through the wheel arch:
This technique is in particular useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford E Series through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them right now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Ford E Series, go to our Ford E Series category.