It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after awhile and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re likely in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Dodge Charger, we’ve made this article to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Charger and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Charger is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the safety equipments of your Dodge Charger. In reality, you are most of the time in a hurry and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is consequently crucial to take the time to once in a while check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Dodge Charger, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple methods to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Dodge Charger, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first process shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles to help you to accomplish this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Charger
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Charger? You should be aware that this process is uncomplicated, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Charger. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to follow to be able to accomplish this action accurately dependant on the method you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Charger through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Dodge Charger by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Dodge Charger on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Dodge Charger following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Charger through the wheel arch:
This tactic is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Charger through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
To find more tips on the Dodge Charger, take a look at the Dodge Charger category.