Regardless for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out with time and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re most certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Dacia Sandero, we’ve made this document to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Dacia Sandero and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Dacia Sandero is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to verify all the safety components of your Dacia Sandero. Indeed, you are in general in a rush and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take the time to in some cases verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Dacia Sandero, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple methods to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Dacia Sandero, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to do this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Dacia Sandero
Now let’s go to the main step of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Dacia Sandero? Please be aware that this task is very simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Dacia Sandero. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to in order to perform this act efficiently depending on the method you desire to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Dacia Sandero through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Dacia Sandero by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Dacia Sandero on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Dacia Sandero following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Dacia Sandero through the wheel arch:
This tactic is in particular valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Dacia Sandero through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them now:
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Dacia Sandero, do not hesitate to consult our Dacia Sandero category.